Monday, February 25, 2013

...Paying Retail Is So Boring!!!

I met the nicest couple this weekend when they came to pick up a dresser they purchased from me.  The sweetest part was they drove almost 2 hours just to get it!!  They left the kids with the Grandparents and turned the trip into an overnight date night in Cincinnati.  Love that!!
 
I shopped for the piece and we figured out details with pictures via email/text.  The inspiration piece was this Louis XVI dresser that retails for $1,099.00 at Ballard Designs.  I took this picture at the Ballard Outlet.  The inspiration piece is not real wood, there are no dovetail drawers and the patina on the hardware just can't beat the real thing!
 
 
So, I found this piece on Craigslist.  Circa ~ 1940's
 
 
Chose Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Coco and lightened it with Old White
 
 
Kept the original, absolutely beautiful hardware!!
 
 
And received this picture when the dresser finally found the perfect spot at home. 
 
 
And I can assure you that my client spent nowhere close to $1,099.00
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment