Saturday, June 30, 2012

...Repurposed Chest

I love that today's decorating trends encourage us to take those pieces that we adore and be versatile.  Who says a desk has to be in an office, a buffet has to be in a dining room or a chest of drawers has to be in a bedroom...certainly not me!!

This was an absolutely gorgeous antique chest of drawers.  I adore this style but find them very hard to come by.  It was in bad shape.  The drawers were broken and the finish was a mess but you can't really complain for $60. 


This is repurposing and upcycling at its best!  Just love how it turned out!  I used ASCP in versailles and lots of dark wax to age it.





I actually saw a chest almost identical in English Traditions, a local boutique that I love to stop in for inspiration.  It was priced at $800.  I think my version turned out better(if I do say so myself) and I can do a whole lot more decorating with all the extra money saved.

Enjoy the weekend and stay cool!!

Keri  

   



 

No comments:

Post a Comment