Monday, January 21, 2013

...Vintage R-Way Makeover - Out The Door!

This piece was just delivered.  This project started when my client sent me a few inspiration pictures and some measurement requirements and I started looking.  I call this "custom shopping".  This has become pretty popular with East Street clients!  Makes perfect sense - you see something you love, you call me to find it and you customize the details. 
 
This is a vintage piece of R-Way furniture.  R-Way Furniture Company made pieces from the late 1800's until they stopped production in the early 1990's.  I scored this from a sweet older woman off Craigslist.  The finish on the outside was dated but the inside looked almost brand new and this piece is VERY solid.
 
 
 
I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in the color French Linen.  This color has been very popular.  Its a warm grey with a touch of brown.
 
 
My client had some beetle knobs she had purchased from Anthropologie that she was hoping to use.  This piece was going into a room that her 2 young boys share.  We searched for hardware that we liked that went with the beetles and found nothing.  The hardware length was longer than most so we didn't have a ton of choices.
 
 
So I decided to spray paint the drawer pulls and the beetles.  I used Rust-Oleum in Antique Bronze.  It is so easy to spray paint hardware.  The hammered finish comes out perfect.  You can not tell its spray paint!!
 
 
And the finished product.
 
 
 
Best,
Keri
 
 
 
 


2 comments: