Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Little Bit Of Everything!

There is really no other way to put it.  My paint brush has been busy getting into a little bit of everything!  I have been working with mostly neutral tones the past two weeks.  One of my projects has been a French Provincial bedroom set for a client.  It is being delivered this weekend and this furniture is solid!  There is an armoire that turned out wonderful but I can't get a good picture of it til its delivered.  The story behind this furniture is exactly why I love what I do!



    This furniture was my clients Grandparents.  They have since passed away, which is always sad...but how awesome that she decided to upcycle it instead of buying new!!!  These pieces have such wonderful detail and are so solid.  Furniture is just not made like this anymore!  YES, these pieces turned out beautifully...YES, we have done our part to reuse and recycle for our children.  All this makes me happy!  But my favorite part is that she gets to use this furniture everyday and keep a little piece of them close!




I used French Linen, a dark brown grey and trimmed it in Old White.  Lots of dark wax to stay true to its style.



This is Charlie!  He is a medium sized chest of drawers that is heading to the store this weekend.  He was painted a soft grey, lots of distressing and LOVE the fun jute knobs! 






Beautifully done and can really be used anywhere for anyone( I may be biased)!!!




So, these are just a few things I have been working on.  In the next few days I am finishing up an ornate serving table, a curvy desk and a 70's style table made to look rustic.  Oh, and moving lots of fun stuff into the store on Saturday!   

Have a great day!

Keri



      

4 comments:

  1. hey keri, i do love "charlie"!! ;) the name and the dresser!! haha. ok, yes pics are blurry on my monitor too. they do look different than your previous shots. hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work! That first piece is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much Windsome Cottage!!!

    ReplyDelete