Saturday, February 25, 2012

Got To Love Supportive Friends!

Where is a girl to begin??  I will start by saying that my husband is oh so helpful and supportive but this is not about him(I will get to you another day honey).  This is about friends! 

I originally sat around with 4 of my girlfriends telling them my business idea about a year ago.  I knew what I thought but God how I loved the supportive hand I was given when they heard.  If I had one ounce of doubt before that conversation I did NOT after it!  Thank you girls(you know who you are)!!

I live in a sweet little Village a few miles East of Downtown Cincinnati called Mariemont.  Its 1 square mile radius with about 3,000 residents.  We walk our kids to school(or drive if we are lazy) because we don't have buses.  Our kids come home for lunch whenever they want.  And everyone is your neighbor.  Its not for everyone but its for me!  As I quietly started telling my neighbors about my venture I was overwhelmed with the support I immediately began to receive!  I can't possibly list all the neighbors that believed in me only because they knew me not because they saw my portfolio!  I have had old sorority sister's contact me that I have not talked to in 15 years.  The support of loving friends old and new, far and close has been oh so gracious, uplifting and so apprecitated!  I thank you ALL dearly!!!!!!!

I am running smoothly on the furniture end but still getting the hang of this blogging thing.  I am not the most creative writer(if you can't tell) and my spelling and grammar stinks. I am trying!  I am horrible at the before/after thing and need to give more details of the process.  This I vow to get better at.  Today I am just going to show some of the things I have worked on the past week or so.  Sometimes I get so excited to deliver it I forget to get pictures.  Ooops!  



This is a very old and very unique antique serving cart. I took the casters off and the wooden back ledge it had to make it more versatile.  It was painted a medium grey, ASCP in French Linen .  This piece is actually at the store in Milford for sale~ no longer available.


Its much more beautiful in person so stop in and see!


This is an old library table with lovely carved detailed.  Done for a 4 time returning client and friend. 


Painted in ASCP Old White and distressed to bring out all the details.  Love this piece!


This is a cute little nightstand done for a little girls room.  The perfect amount of fun color to add to the room!


I painted it in ASCP Provence and added white ceramic rose knobs.


This is the before picture of a piece I am finishing up.  I picked this piece up at a Good Will store.


A little peek at how its turning out!  More to come later.   

Thanks to all and let me know if your looking for something specific. 


Keri








 


           

     

3 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the nine and sixteen blog and couldn't help but comment on this post! I feel like it could have been written by me. I live in North Carolina and have a business painting and refurbishing furniture as well. My friends have been incredibly supportive and I have been amazed and humbled by it all. I too struggle with the blog aspect of my business and have a whole new respect for bloggers that post several times a week - it is a ton of work! I love your pieces that you've painted and look forward to seeing what you do next!

    Holly
    www.storywooddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly!
    So nice to hear from you! Tessa is my neighbor and one of my supportive friends. She does such an amazing job with her blog! She has helped me with the photography. Big shoes to fill though:)
    Your work is beautiful! I can't find you on fb. I am much better about posting pics on fb than the blog.
    Look forward to seeing more of your work too!
    Thanks!
    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree about facebook... for some reason (maybe because I'm on there 2 times a day anyway), it's easier to post updates and photos there than it is to write an entire blog entry about it. My facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Storywood-Designs/220715904648004. And don't get me started on photography... I don't think I'll ever learn! I never knew the skill and time it takes to get a great picture... I have a whole new respect for all the great photographers out there.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete