Thursday, April 19, 2012

...Mismatched Mod to Farmhouse Fab!

This particular client is one of my supportive friends and neighbors I have talked about in the past.  I specifically remember lounging at the pool last Summer, telling her what I was doing.  Her response was something along the lines of, "That is so awesome, I love to support women doing what they love!  I better have you do my stuff before you get over-booked".  That is exactly the kind of sweet support a girl appreciates!

Since then I have completely transformed her dining table, chairs and sideboard.  The table and chairs came with the husband.  Not her style but she lived with it for years.  The sideboard came from another room in the house. 




This is the one and only before picture I got(working hard to remember more before pics ).  The light blonde wood was not the Farmhouse Chic look she was going for.  I used Old White and lots of dark wax on this piece.






The chairs and bottom half of the table were done in a lighter version of Duck Egg Blue and the top matches the sideboard.  The two color combination completely changed the look of the table.  It was walking the more modern line and now is totally urban farmhouse chic! 






She didn't need any help pulling it all together.  I walked in her house yesterday and it feels completely inviting and just like something out of a magazine.

The longer I do this the more amazed I become by the pure power of paint!!

 Enjoy your day!

Keri







 

    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment