Tuesday, April 3, 2012

...Spring Fever

Spring Fever...Oh yes, I have it!!!



This is my lilac tree that has just started to bloom.  I have been enjoying Spring and all that comes with it!  I wish she could bloom all Summer because I love seeing her that much!  But then maybe I wouldn't appreciate the few short weeks I get with her:)

Juggling my busy workload and being a Mom to 3 very active kids has left the blog low on my list.  So this post is a lot of everything thrown into one. 

Stay with me because I promise it will be worth it!


This is a before of a french provincial dresser.  Part of a whole bedroom set I picked up but ended up seperating.



...And after! 

This piece was done for a client that used it in her master bedroom to go under a flat screen tv that hung on the wall.  It turned out to be the perfect mix of modern and vintage.



It was my first time using Versailles on an entire piece.  Its a very neutral color with a touch of green that goes with everything.  I used lots of dark wax and heavily distressed it.



I lined all the drawers with scented drawer liners.  This way its pretty for my client and she won't have to worry about her husband wanting to use the extra drawer space(not unless he wants to smell like vanilla). Shhh, don't tell our secret strategy!


This is a before of a chest and nightstand from the 70's.  They have been kept in great shape but the color and hardware dated them.  My client wanted to use them in her sons room because they had been her husbands.


...And after! 

 Almost wouldn't recognize the transformation is so great!  Painted in Graphite and new oil rubbed bronze hardware.


I had posted this nightstand a few weeks back.  It goes along with the dresser(and there is still a gorgeous bed available). 


This piece was painted a french blue that I mixed and lots of dark wax.  It turned out beautiful!!

It is for sale at Pomegranate & Lime.  A lovely, eclectic gift shop located in the Village of Mariemont at 6804 Wooster Pike. 


Perfect way to bring a little classy to your bedside!


This was an antique Mersman table I picked up from craigslist.  It was to go in my space at Mercantile Mall but sold on my facebook page before it made it.

Which reminds me.  Find me on facebook if you have not already.  I often post stuff on there before it heads to the store.

I posted this antique vanity a few weeks ago as well.


It is painted in Old White and very distressed.  I could see this piece as a vanity, writing desk, in a foyer or at your bedside.  Its classic!

update - SOLD


Totally shabby chic!


Before of a 1980's Queen Ann style sideboard.


...And after!

Painted in French Linen with new bronze hardware.  This piece has a whole new look!  This was done for a client that I did a full design consultation for.  I helped her pick out a new table and chairs but decided we could easily transform this into the look she wanted.  We are still working on the finishing touches for the room but she is very happy so far!



And that concludes my marathon post! 


Thanks for sticking with me!

Keri









  















2 comments:

  1. Keri - I saw the title of your post and couldn't help but laugh. I posted one with the exact same title late last night!! I think we may be kindred spirits. :-) At least you look like you've managed to stay busy with your spring fever... I keep getting distracted by my garden and plants in the backyard. I love the pieces you've been working on; especially the french provincial dresser - the finish is gorgeous! And I love seeing the graphite on a piece of furniture - I haven't had a chance to work with it yet and wondered how dark it looks once painted and waxed.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly, too funny! I think we all have Spring Fever. Although it never even felt like we had winter in Southern Ohio. We don't usually get much snow but we had none this whole winter. I will tell you, I love Graphite! I didn't think I would for the longest time but have used it on a few things. I just finished up a large buffet for a client. Everyone who sees the color in person falls in love!

    ReplyDelete